Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 3rd

A few things I've acquired recently...


I got this adorable picnic basket from Value Village for $5.99 (plus %25 off... not bad). It's so cute and I've been wanting a picnic basket for a while so I was really happy to find it. I packed a lunch and cupcakes in it for Chris' birthday a few weeks ago :)


One thing I never knew about Value Village is that they have such a great book selection. Chris and I have taken a liking to going there and scouring the book section for quite a while. These are some of the ones I've picked up in the last few weeks. Did I mention they're buy 4 get one free? Gotta love bargains. Wuthering Heights (been wanting to read it for years thanks to Twilight...), the Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (my new found interest after watching Once Upon a Time this season), A Natural History of the Senses (just looked interesting), Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass (never read the originals, and they're both in one book so why not?), and Asian Americans (an ethnography, written by an anthropologist, that caught my eye).


Another Value Village find... Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits CD. I am always looking for new things to listen to in the car, I hate having my mP3 player hooked up and its wires in the way so I prefer CDs. This one was like 3$ or something. It's totally rare that I like something the first time I listen to it but I really enjoyed this right away :)


Okay another thing I've found about shopping at Value Village, I never find shoes I like on the rack. I've begun to usually just browse over and assume there's nothing there. But it's happened to me twice now that I've been walking by the men's section and happened to spot a pair of shoes I liked just sitting on the ground, and both times that have been my size. These boots were one of those. I have tiny size 6 feet so I was really lucky that these fit me. And they were only 8$ plus 30% off (I always get coupons for donating stuff or from my card, it's great). They look so cute on.


Okay you can bet this is not from Value Village... It's my brand new ice cream maker I have been just dying to get since I made an Ice Cream and Sorbet board on Pinterest. And I absolutely love the colour too, so retro. Cuisinart has a whole line of products in this colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment