Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 12th

Today Chris and I went to the M&M Meats Charity BBQ Day for Crohns and Colitis. I used to go to them in Maple Ridge because the owners went to our church. And so I really wanted to go this year... oh nostalgia. For 5$ we got a hot dog, drink, chips and one of these M&M strawberry shortcake ice cream bars... yum.


I also made this upcycled cork board today. I got the idea off Balancing Home's tutorial. I bought a big cork board at Value Village for $3.99, bought some upholstery pins (or furniture nails) for $1.57 for a pack of 25, and I had the fabric already. Her tutorial says it all but basically I just ironed the fabric, set it in the right position over the cork board, measured the distance each pin would be going at and pushed them in in the right places. Then staple or hot glue the fabric to the back of it. I preferred to staple but then the stapler I've had since I knew what a stapler was decided to stop working after all these years... so hot glue works too. It's a great up-cycle idea, I really like how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment